July Full Moon Paddle
July 12 @ 8:40 pm - 10:30 pm
Join us for a night on the water under the big, bright, full moon!
With the moon starting to rise just before sunset we will have a grand opportunity to paddle under the moon without leaving the water in the wee hours of the night!
What to know:
The sun sets on July 12th at 9:27pm and the moon will rise at 9:02pm.
This makes for an earlier evening, and the opportunity to paddle under the light of the full moon after the sun leaves the sky.
Date: Tuesday, July 12th
Location: Location will be determined and updated the week prior to the event as it will depend on the wind.
Time: Arrive to location at 8:40pm to get your gear ready.
- There will be a quick orientation and safety briefing at 8:50pm and then we’ll hit the water.
- Plan to be back at your vehicle around 10:30pm
While this event relies heavily on the cooperation of the weather, we may choose to reschedule the gathering for one day prior or one day later from the scheduled date to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our participants.
What to bring:
- Non-motorized watercraft of choice
- Board / Boat
- Life jacket
- Leash (for SUPs)
- Working Headlamp
- Light to put at the front of your watercraft
- Drinking water
- Swimwear *if you plan to get wet*
- Fleece and/or neoprene to stay warm (bring extra fleece for post-paddle)
- A buddy!
- A Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park Pass – You may purchase at the Park Headquarters