June Full Moon Paddle
June 14 @ 9:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Join us for a night on the water under the big, bright, full moon!
It’s going to be a late one, and an epic one! June brings the Strawberry Moon, a Supermoon! Prepare for some magic, weather permitting. Seeing the moon rise from the water is a spectacle you don’t want to miss.
What to know:
The sun sets on June 14th at 9:29pm and the moon will rise at 10:22pm.
This gives us the perfect opportunity to enjoy an hour long evening paddle under the light of dusk before we watch the moon rise above the horizon to guide our way home.
Date: Tuesday, June 14th
Location: Location will be determined and updated the week prior to the event as it will depend on the wind.
Time: Arrive to location at 9:00pm to get your gear ready.
- There will be a quick orientation and safety briefing at 9:15pm.
While this event relies heavily on the cooperation of the weather, we may choose to reschedule the gathering for one day prior or one day later from the scheduled date to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our participants.
What to bring:
- Non-motorized watercraft of choice
- Board / Boat
- Life jacket
- Leash (for SUPs)
- Working Headlamp
- Light to put at the front of your watercraft
- Drinking water
- Swimwear *if you plan to get wet*
- Fleece and/or neoprene to stay warm (bring extra fleece for post-paddle)
- A buddy!
- A Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park Pass – You may purchase at the Park Headquarters