The PU Hooligan is an aggressive high-performance longboard that will allow you to do some of your quickest and most dynamic carving you’ve ever done on a longboard. Riders wanting a performance longboard in PU Construction need to look into the NSP Hooligan. “Artisan” is the keyword here; these boards look gorgeous, either in Pacific Blue design or with clear lamination.
Rail: Full, tucked edge
Bottom: Concave into V
Ideal waves: 1- 6ft
Level: Beginner – Expert
*Pickup or hand delivery only. Reach out directly prior to purchase if you wish to obtain a shipping quote.
1 in stock
The design of this Kym Thompson shape incorporates the responsiveness of a narrow shortboard tail and rail profile, to create a longboard that carves long, drawn-out lines and hits the lip.
• Advanced surfers will appreciate loads of hollowed V under their feet to give quick rail-to-rail turns.
• Show off all your surfing skills with a dynamic shortboard approach to rail-to-rail carving, then switch modes for classic nose riding and traditional longboard style.
• Use a small single fin for ankle slapper and add side biters and larger center fin as wave size and swell increase.
• Bring out your inner surf hooligan, break down the traditional surf style rules and mix things up on the wave with an aggressively modern and classic style!
Due to growing demand, the PU Hooligan is available in two designs and also comes in our eco-friendly CocoFlax construction. Slightly thinner than the CocoFlax version, a PU Hooligan rewards accomplished riders with more responsiveness and that vintage longboard feeling.
Starting at the young age of 15, Kym Thompson made designing surfboards his life’s work and to this day he designed and shaped everything from single fin boards, right down to all multi-fin configurations.
Originally Kym began his career shaping longboards and as the shortboard era took hold, Kym advanced his skills and transitioned his designs to meet the demands of the market.
From the beginning, dating back to 2001, Kym and NSP built a strong partnership with Kym being the mastermind behind the popular PU Heritage Series. His Endless, Hooligan, Dream Rider and Fighting Fish shapes are now integrated into the lightweight and sustainable Cocomat and Coco Flax series.
NSP is looking forward to continuing a long tradition of bringing high-quality, innovative, yet affordable surfboards by Kym Thompson to the market.
A classy handmade board using heritage construction techniques with modern deep gloss color tints.
– Traditional custom-shaped polyurethane (PU) core combined with a wood stringer.
– Proven designs from master shaper Kym Thompson.
– Highest quality materials finished with a super deep gloss for a custom board finish.
PU as a construction refers to a board built from a Polyurethane blank with Polyester resin, whilst PE refers to a Polyurethane Blank with Epoxy resin.
These have long been the standard for most brands and are the most widely and affordable options still out there. Due to the foams, weight and density PU / PE boards sit a little lower in the water, helping to keep your rail under, giving you a nice “knifey” feel when slicing through the wave’s face.
Being a touch heavier also helps them to handle choppy conditions better and are less prone to being bounced around. Sitting lower in the water also has its benefits to barrel riding, providing more hold in hollow waves.